Pages

Recent Posts

Monday, April 11, 2011

New Kindle Drops $25 Adds Ad’s

kindle

Amazon.com is set to start offering a new version of their Kindle called “Kindle With Special Offers” on May 3. The ads will replace the screensaver that currently shows illustrations of your books.

The Kindle With Special Offers is not just going to shove random ads in your face, you’ll be able to use the Kindle website to pick more or less ads featuring humor, scenery, photography etc.… So you will have some semblance of control over what you get pitched.

If a user clicks on an ad they will be emailed detailed instructions on how to redeem the offer they chose.

I have to applaud Amazon for this, I think it’s a great idea. I really wouldn’t mind saving $25 or more on my E-Reader just to sacrifice the screen for ad space when I’m not using it.  Especially if those ads give me money off of things I might want to buy, seriously it’s pretty much win-win.

Pre-Orders start tomorrow on the Wi-Fi only Kindle With Special Offers and it will join Amazons Wi-Fi and 3G versions, so users can rest assured this is not a replacement for anything, according to Amazon it’s just a new addition to give users more choices when purchasing an E-Reader.

There was no mention in the report of a 3G Kindle With Offers.

Source: USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stumble