Pages

Recent Posts

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Android 3.1 Unveiling Expected at Google I/O Next Month

IceCreamSundae

Android 3.1 Ice Cream Sundae is expected to be announced next month at Google’s I/O conference in San Francisco, and with Apple expected to make some big announcements this June we can expect Google to try and make their slight head start really count.

So what are the updates? What can we expect? Honestly I do not know, Google’s been pretty quiet about the new Ice Cream Sundae. The only thing I could really find was its supposed Omni-installation (skills?). Apparently the OS will install on phones, tablets, and televisions. Which I guess is not good news to people who feel Android is already fragmented enough. I honestly hope it’s smartphone only and the last update for a while, one a year is enough as far as I’m concerned.

There have been no announcements of any products set to release with Android 3.1, so hopefully some of those will be demoed along with the new OS at I/O. I’m pretty anxious to see T.V’s running the OS. I’m hoping for a better more polished Google TV.

Source: Info Sync

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stumble